Cruising is a fantastic
way of exploring a variety of destinations, while enjoying
the pleasures that today's ultra mega-ships have to offer.
Some cruise ships offer ice skating rinks, rock climbing
walls, movie theaters, casinos and much more. Whether you're
wanting a laid back itinerary or something more exotic,
today's cruise passenger will find themselves delighted
with a wide variety of on board activities along with exciting
off board excursions.
works with several cruise lines, among the more popular:
Carnival, Royal Caribbean,
Norwegian, Princess, Disney, Celebrity, Holland America,
Costa, Regency & Avalon.
Most cruise lines offer 3 to 14 night itineraries, with
several destinations to choose from.
Some itinerary choices and their
- East, West or Exotic Caribbean-usually departs from
Florida, Texas or Louisiana
- Southern Caribbean- departs from San Juan
- Mexican Riveria-departs from California
- Panama Canal-usually departs from Florida or California
- Hawaii-usually departs from California, Hawaii, Mexico
- Bermuda-usually departs from Massachusetts, New York,
New Jersey or Maryland
- Canada/New England-usually departs from Massachusetts,
New York or Canada
- Alaska-usually departs from Seattle WA, or Vancouver
- Europe-departure cities vary depending on itinerary
Some of the newest, most state-of-the-art, passenger ships
cruise our ocean waters today than ever before. Offering
greater speed, added comfort, more open space, balconies
and modern amenities. A stroll down your ships version of
main street, will most likely uncover boutiques, art galleries,
lounges, and a selection of dining options and cozy comforts.
On board activities and events vary from cruise line and
ship, therefore please consult your travel agent for exact
Do everything. Do Nothing. Do what ever you think
Most ships provide:
- Captain's Cocktail Party
- Complete State of the Art Fitness Center, Aerobics,
Kickboxing, Yoga, etc.
- Sports Deck or Area: Volleyball, Table Tennis, Basket
ball, Putt-Putt Golf, Jogging track
- Swimming Pools, Whirlpools, Waterslides, Pool games
- Nightly Entertainment and Las Vegas Style Stage Productions.
- Live Music, Karaoke, Piano Bar, Comedians
- Casinos, Slot Tournaments, Game Show Mania
- Full Service Spa, Sauna and Steam Room: Facials, Massages,
Beauty Salon, Etc.
- Bingo, Trivia Games, Deck Parties
- Art Auctions, Wine Tasting, Reading in the Library/Surfing
- Dance classes, Galley Tour, Ice Carving Shows
For the kids and teens:
- Pizza parties
- Pirate night
- Talent Show
- Movie night
- Dances and karaoke
- Video game tournaments
- T-shirt tie-dye
- Face painting
- Scavenger hunts
- Jewelry making
- Arts and crafts
While on board your vessel meals are included, as well
as ice tea and coffee. Soft drinks as bar drinks are additional.
Some cruise lines such as Princess charge up to a $20 service
fee to dine at their premier restaurant(s).
Whether you want to dress up or dress down you'll find
most cruise lines have many available dining options.
Savor a steak or indulge in lobster, or maybe you'd rather
enjoy a leisurely hour or two over dinner in one of the
cruise lines many specialty restaurants. You'll choose from
a fantastic array of superb appetizers, savory soups, super-fresh
salads and palate-thrilling entrees. If it's more of a casual
dining you crave check out some of the out door cafes and
eye popping buffets.
- Complimentary 24 hour room service.
- Gala midnight buffet.
- Vegetarian, low carb, and low-sugar meals offered.
- Scrumptious deserts.
Shore Excursions. Just a few things you can do while
off board the ship.
It is recommended that you book your shore excursions when
possible on line in advance or on on board the ship, first
day of sailing.
- City/ Island highlights and Historic Tours
- Snorkeling and Scuba Adventures
- Catamaran/Kayaking Adventures
- Glass Bottom Boat Tours
- Eco/Nature Tours
- Jeep Tours
- Scenic Flightseeing
- Helicopter Tours in Alaska and Hawaii
- Dolphin Encounters
- Visit Mayan Ruins
- Horseback Riding
- Shopping, Shopping and more Shopping
- Museum Tours
- Tropical Botanical Garden Tours
- Exotic Golf Courses to play on
- Scenic Railways in Alaska
Good to Know Before You Cruise
Again policies can be different from cruise line to cruise
line. It is important you check with your travel agent for
the most accurate information.
- U.S. Citizens must present proof of citizenship in the
form of a valid passport or original birth certificate
and a state issued i.d (valid driver's license.) Any guest
traveling without this proper documentation will not be
allowed to board the ship and no refund will be given.
- Guests under the age of 21 years must be accompanied
by a parent, grandparent, or guardian 25 years or older
in the same cabin.
- The age requirements differ from cruise line to cruise
line therefore it is important you check with your travel
agent for accurate information. With most cruise lines
infants must be at least 4 months old to travel.
- Pregnant women who are 24 weeks or more along in their
pregnancy are not allowed to board the ship.
- Tipping is not included. Tips generally average $10
per person, per day.
- Bar drinks, soft drinks and juices are not included
in the cost of your cruise. A discounted pre-purchased
soft drink card might be available for purchase in advance.
- For your convenience charges for most on board purchases
will be added to your "cruise account tab."
- Casual attire is in order during the day. For one or
two nights, a dark suit or formal attire is suggested.
- Guests are generally prohibited from bringing alcoholic
beverages on board. Fine wine or champagne may be brought
only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise.
A corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish
to consume the wine in the dining room.
- Flights can be purchased from the cruise lines at an
additional charge. Roundtrip transportation to and from
the airport is provided with the cruise lines air package.
- For guests who have their own flight arrangements, it
is recommended that they arrive into their city of embarkation
as early as possible. Most ships allow boarding at 1:30
p.m. and will depart on time with or without you. To allow
sufficient time for customs clearance, it is recommended
scheduling return air flights no earlier than 2p.m. Transfers
can be purchased from the cruise lines for cruise only
- Curbside porters are available at the pier during embarkation
to take luggage to the ship for delivery to your cabin.
Please be sure luggage is locked and has a tag listing
your name, ship and when possible your cabin assignment.
- Pre and post night stays can be added to any cruise
- Shore excursions in some cases can be purchased in advance
on line or on board the ship. Gulliver's Travel recommends
purchasing your shore excursions as soon as possible,
as some choices fill quickly.
- However not guaranteed, special requests such as table
size, dining time, special diet, or celebration of a special
occasion can be accommodated. Please make requests at
time of deposit.
- Cruise Lines reserve the right to alter their itinerary
at any time. Usually this happens during an emergency
situation or bad weather.
- Should you require medical attention while on board,
larger cruise lines can provide you with a infirmary staff
that can assist you 24 hours a day. Shipboard infirmaries
meet or exceed the Medical Facilities Guidelines established
by the International Council of Cruise Lines.
Gulliver's Travel highly recommends your purchase travel
insurance. Please consult with an agent about your insurance
options available to you.